Friday 18 November 2016

High Expectations

This is my writing test for term 4 hope you like it
By: Jess

High Expectations
        
I’ll never forget the time, I was 5 turning 6 I was cute and little, my life had only begun. My first few weeks at Lucknow school were fun it was two o’clock in the afternoon on a wednesday which meant it was art time.

My teacher Mrs Bookhaust, was talking I could barely hear her, my thoughts were drowning her out. I was thinking about what I was going to draw then it hit me.

Mrs Bookhaust wandered around the room giving out pieces of paper they were A3 size sheets of paper, They smelt of bleach. Then Mrs Bookhaust came around again this time she was handing out newspaper, then she came round for the third and final time giving us each a sharpie to draw with.

This time my ears were tuned in whakarongo mai the teacher said, which means listen up it’s how she got our attention. She shouted so everyone could hear her,  we needed to get an apron from the cupboard. I quickly tiptoed over and picked out a red apron to wear it smelt of paint and felt as hard as crayons but it would do besides I was only 5 not that I cared about my appearance very much then. I jolted across the room back to my seat to sit down.

I plunked down into my chair it was as hard as rock. I picked up my sharpie and struggled to pull off the lid, then I moved the sharpie so that the tip of it was face down touching the paper. I moved it up down side to side all around and down again.

“Beautiful” I exclaimed so proud of my artwork that I went to show Mrs Bookhaust she whispered “darling why did you draw a scribble”. My heart sunk I was so upset how could she not see I felt embarrassed and upset that she couldn’t tell what my drawing was.

Then I took a deep breath and said “it was a ballerina” “Oh of course silly me” she said “it is a ballerina”
I smiled my genuine smile. “Do you like it” I said “it’s for you” I gleefully exclaimed
“I love it” she said I felt a warmth suddenly enter me my heart reinflated my belief was brought back to life and a sense of pride entered me.     


 

2 comments: